Warmest Wishes Palm Tree

Hello!  Long time, no blog!  I’ve taken a long break from stamping, but those crafty feeling have been stirring, and I’m ready to get back to it.  I received some really sweet messages from some of you wondering what I was up to.  Thanks for thinking of me!  :)

This summer has been super busy for us, with lots of beach trips, camping trips, and afternoons at the local pool with friends.   I’m getting ready for a camping trip as we speak, but I snuck away for a few minutes and made this quick summer card.

I started with this cute palm tree die and cut it in green and brown.   For the main panel, I thought it would be cute to use a little piece of canvas.  I think the texture is a nice touch, since the card design is so simple.

I had to have some coconuts, of course!  I could have gone with pearls, but the little rhinestones were calling me.  The pearls would have made more sense, but I don’t care.  Sometimes a girl just needs sparkly coconuts!  <— Hmm, that may be the weirdest sentence I’ve ever written.  ;)

Thanks for visiting, I’ll be back soon!  Really soon, actually, ’cause I have some fun news to share!  *grin*

Supplies

Stamps:  Warmest Wishes by Memory Box

Dies:  Swaying Palm, Big Shot die cutting machine, Memory Box Metal Adaptor Plate

Embellies:  Hero Arts bling, Canvas Mini Shapes

Comments

1. Jill says:

Sparkly coconuts ROCK!!!! I totally get you ;) I also love the canvas – it adds a great texture. So happy to see you blog again – xoxo

2. Jill says:

3. Donna Hitz says:

So very darling! Glad you’re back. We’ve missed you tons!

4. SueB says:

I always love to see a post from you in my Blogger Dashboard. Wonderful card. Enjoy your summer.

5. Ingrid says:

It is so great to see your creations again! I am thrilled to see that you are workign with Ellen. I have missed your clean, gorgeous style, and the stories of your little ones. I look forward to seeing more!

6. She’s BACK! Yay, yay, yay! Doin’ the happy dance. And of course your card is simply divine. The canvas texture is perfect for the simplicity of the die, and reminds me of sand. The little fringe is just perfect, too.

7. Trudie Vick says:

Love the clean lines of your designs. Glad I found your blog. Oh and did I say I can almost hear the ocean breezes when looking at your palm tree card. :-) Thanks for sharing.

8. Debbie says:

The canvas does add the perfect touch of texture. Love your clean and simple style!

9. Ann Martin says:

How nice to see your blog in my inbox! The card is great… I love the rhinestones as they’re just the right color and the canvas background is a brilliant idea.

10. Joan B says:

So happy to see you back in action.

11. Mary D says:

This a perfect summer card. I really love the simplicity of it and the combination of materials used, simply wonderful!

12. Laura Norris says:

So funny….that might be the weirdest sentence I’ve ever read!! Love your style, so glad you are part of Ellen’s team now!